FindOutFirst is how Franklin County Schools communicates to parents and community members. This is one way we will relay inclement weather, schools closings, delays and bus changes. If you receive a FindOutFirst email, text or call from the school system, it contains important information.
By signing up for FindOutFirst, you will be able to access all of your communication in one place: from the District, your school's Principal and all of your child’s teachers. You can also check grades and track attendance from the same website.
In order to to get started, you need a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account.
To get one, stop by your child's school. Please bring a photo ID with you to get your access code. Each student needs their own code, but you can link all of your children into one, simple account. Make sure you update your email address and mobile phone number with the school's data manager during that time.
Once you have access to your PowerSchool Parent Portal Account, visit SchoolMessenger to configure how you receive communication from the school system (text, phone, email or all three), what type of communication you receive and to be eligible to have your child's teacher communicate with you in an APP. Again, the website is HERE.
We will be holding parent information sessions throughout 2019 to teach you how to get the most out of FindOutFirst, so stay tuned for those dates and times.
- Make sure you "Opt-In" to receive text messages. Instructions are HERE.
- To download our app and receive teacher messaging and choose how you receive communication from us (phone, email, text, etc.) please follow the instructions HERE.
- If you need instructions on how to create a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account, please click HERE.
If you are a member of the community (and not a parent or legal guardian). You can still receive text message alerts and emails from us by following the directions below.
1. From the www.fcschools.net homepage, click User Options and choose Register.
2. Please enter your birthdate and Submit.
3. Complete the registration fields:
Phone (Mobile Phone is BEST if you have one)
Password, Confirm Password
Check the “I agree” statement and Submit
4. Make sure you "Opt-In" to receive text messages. Instructions are HERE.