Sign-up for FCS' Info & Updates
Blackboard Communications is how Franklin County Schools communicates to parents and guardians about inclement weather, schools closings, delays and bus changes. If you receive an email, text or call from the Blackboard Communications system, it contains important information.
By signing up for Blackboard Communications, you will receive information from multiple sources through one convenient app. Franklin County Schools, as well as your child's school administrators and teachers will send you vital updates and information. You can also check grades and track attendance from the same place.
In order to to get started, you need a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account.
To get one, stop by your child's school. Please bring a photo ID with you to get your access code. Each student needs their own code, but you can link all of your children into one, simple account. Make sure you update your email address and mobile phone number with the school's data manager during that time.
Once you have access to your PowerSchool Parent Portal Account, visit SchoolMessenger to configure how you receive communication from the school system (text, phone, email or all three), what type of communication you receive and to be eligible to have your child's teacher communicate with you through one app. Again, the website is HERE.
- Make sure you "Opt-In" to receive text messages. Instructions are HERE.
- To download our app and receive teacher messaging and choose how you receive communication from us (phone, email, text, etc.) please follow the instructions HERE.
- If you need instructions on how to create a PowerSchool Parent Portal Account, please click HERE.
If you are a member of the community (and not a parent or legal guardian). You can still receive text message alerts and emails from us by following the directions below.
1. From the www.fcschools.net homepage, click User Options and choose Register.
2. Please enter your birthdate and Submit.
3. Complete the registration fields:
Phone (Mobile Phone is BEST if you have one)
Password, Confirm Password
Check the “I agree” statement and Submit
4. Make sure you "Opt-In" to receive text messages. Instructions are HERE.