Phone: (919) 496-2600 Ext. 275
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Pembroke State University M.A. Education, Gardner-Webb University
Mrs. Kari Dupree
Kari Dupree is the DPAC Coordinator. She has worked in education for 22 years, 20 of those years being with Franklin County Schools. Eighteen of those years were teaching in the classroom. She attended Pembroke State University and later obtained her Master’s Degree from Gardner-Webb University. This is Kari’s 4th year serving as the FCS Parent and Family Engagement Specialist. She is married, has two children, and loves to workout. She also enjoys her fur babies. She has both cats and dogs. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Attend the District Advisory Council Meetings
- Help review and confirm the Parent Involvement Plan
- Act as an advocate for the Parent Involvement Plan
- To serve as the liaison for the school system and the families by providing an avenue for meaningful, two-way communication between our families, the school system, and the community
- Collaboration is essential for parents and educators to develop the skills for the education and protection of students.
- Parents have an instrumental role and right in providing input toward decision making at both the district and school levels.
- The family is a child's most important support system and plays an integral role in their child's learning.
- Students should have a voice in the learning process and their contributions should be considered.
- Teachers and staff should be qualified and held accountable for their teaching behavior and communication with students, families and each other.
- The success of ALL children should be the main focus and goal of all stakeholder groups.
- Clear and two-way communication is required of all stakeholder groups to ensure the success of the school district and schools.
- Children whose parents and families are engaged in their education are more successful in school and have higher academic goals.
How We Can Help
- We can help provide parents with practical tools that informs them of the school system, and incorporates strategies and resources conducive to children's cognitive, academic, social and emotional growth.
- We want to help build strong connections between your school and community organizations by providing Parent Workshops for families throughout the year.
- We are also here to assist you with any concerns or questions that you may have about your child's education.
- We have FCS DPAC suggestion boxes in the front office of our schools that parents can leave feedback of questions and concerns that are addressed in our monthly DPAC meetings.