Terrell Lane Middle School
TLMS will continue to:
BE BETTER this year than we were last year
BE BETTER this month than we were last month
BE BETTER this week than we were last week
BE BETTER today than we were yesterday.
Welcome back to school. We are glad that you joined us for the 2020-2021 school year.
School starts tomorrow, and here are some things that you will need to do in order to start the school year off right:
- Log into your email account.
- Look for emails from your teachers.
- Log into PowerSchool. If you can’t access your account here is the information to reset your password. If you are having trouble claiming your account submit your information here.
- Check your schedule as well as the remote learning schedule and make sure you know when you need to log in.
- Google Classroom Codes for all classes are located on the school website.
- If you need technical support please go to the FCS website and click on the remote learning tab
- Still don’t have a chromebook? We will be setting up times with families to come in on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week to get devices. Please do not just show up to the school as devices will not be ready or available. Compete this form and someone will be in touch with you to set up a time to come in on Tuesday or Wednesday. Chromebook Pick Up Request
- HOMEROOM- Homeroom is listed on all student schedules from 8:00-8:30. This time will be used for students to prepare for their day, get situated on the computer, and listen to any announcements that may be pushed out by the school. There may be days that we need to have students submit things during this time as well. Please make sure that your child is ready to go and logged in to their first block class by 8:30 each morning.
- Supply Lists for all grade levels can be found here- Supply Lists
- 6th and 7th Grade students will alternate weeks between Social Studies and Science. These will show on their schedules as A and B. A calendar to help is attached. A/B Calendar
Here are some tips to help you in your day-to-day learning:
- Set up a learning place in your home. It should be a place that is quiet and comfortable, but not too comfortable.
- Have a set bedtime and time that you will wake up (set an alarm).
- Get dressed as if you are going to school.
- Go to your designated work space.
- Log into your class on time.
- Mute your microphone.
- Pay attention to the teacher and participate.
- Only use chat features to ask and answer questions.
- Make sure you are completing work on time.
- Email your teacher, and communicate when you have questions.
- If you are going to be unable to attend a virtual class, make sure you contact your teachers.
- You are responsible for your learning.
Please know that we are here to support you in any way we can.
Eric Betheil, Principal Terrell Lane Middle School
--6TH GRADE STUDENTS Interested in taking band please read the attached letter from Ms. Winstead and view the video as well. If you want to take band you can reach out to the school with this request. Letter from Ms. Winstead Band Video
-- Tech Bytes from our Technology Department:
- All students should log into their FCS Google account/device before school begins on August 17.
- If you have issues logging in, email FCStechhelp@fcschools.net or call 919-496-2600, ext 243 or 919-496-2227, ext. 1243, with a message that includes their school, their name, and contact information.
- Student login information has not changed for grades 7-12. Students in grade 6 received a password reset to school20. If students need a password reset, they should email FCShelpdesk@fcschools.net.
- Students that have not returned a device should bring the device to the school so that it can be inspected for damage so we know they have a working device as we move into the start of school.
- The helpdesk email is on the Technology Department website from the FCS homepage. Parents and students that need technical or instructional assistance can use that as the first line of help. School specific issues will be forwarded to school technicians and ITFs, and once school resumes, DLCs will also field those emails.
- If parents decide not to pick up a device from the school, we will not be able to provide technical support for the device other than a login for the student Google account. It is best that they get our device because the teachers will know the device the students have, we can push apps to our devices, and we can always switch it out if it is broken or something just isn't working correctly.