Terrell Lane Middle School
TLMS will continue to:
BE BETTER this year than we were last year
BE BETTER this month than we were last month
BE BETTER this week than we were last week
BE BETTER today than we were yesterday.
Good evening TLMS Families, this is your principal Eric Betheil with some important information for you and your Terrell Lane student. . We will work to communicate as best we can through School Messenger and the TLMS website. All information on here can be found on our website.
- FCS Week at a Glance
- EOG Testing will begin for all students on Monday May 24. All testing needs to be done face to face. Information on face to face testing options and dates for our virtual students who opt not to come in on regular testing days can be found by using the links. ALL VIRTUAL STUDENTS NEED TO COMPLETE THE FORM IN THE LETTER. (EOG Testing Letter) EOGs are an important piece of data that teachers use to determine a student’s growth and mastery of material from one school year to the next. This year they are even more important to assist staff with understanding learning loss as well as mastery of material. EOGs will also be used as one criteria in determining a student’s promotion at the end of the year. Whether your student has been virtual or face to face, please work to make sure that he/she does take the EOG at the end of May. We will keep the form open for one more day for our virtual students to complete. If we do not hear from you by the end of the day Monday, 5/3 we will begin making phone calls.
- May 3-May 7 is Teacher Appreciation Week. As a school we will recognize the TLMS and thank them for all they have done this school year. (Teacher Appreciation Events) Take a moment to show your appreciation for the work that the teachers and staff at TLMS have done during the 2020-2021 school year. We are well aware that this school year has been a difficult one for students and staff. Our staff has continued to work and provide new teaching and learning opportunities as they teach both virtually and face to face. Use the link provided to send a message to a teacher that has had an impact on your child this school year. (TLMS Teacher Appreciation Message)
- Information on Bus Routes and times can be found using the link. TLMS Bus Drivers and General Information We will continue to provide updated information concerning routes if they are going to be late or impacted in any other way.
- TLMLS Families, your input at Terrell Lane Middle School is essential for future planning. This information will be used to help us plan parent involvement activities for TLMS as well as the school district. Please take time to let us know your opinion. (Title I Survey)
- The State Broadband Infrastructure Office (BIO), part of the N.C. Department of Information Technology, needs students and teachers to complete the North Carolina Broadband Survey. The survey will let us know about the availability and quality of their internet service, and we will use the results to direct funding for broadband solutions across the state.
The survey only takes 5 minutes to complete and is available in English and Spanish. Those without internet access can do it by phone. They can either text “internet” to 919-750-0553 or place a phone call and answer a series of short questions. Standard text messaging rates will apply. Here is a link to some promotional resource as well. promotional resources
- The application process is currently open for the Franklin County Virtual Academy for the 2021-2022 School year. Use the link to access information on the FCS Website.
- 6th and 7th grade students will be on an “A” week for Social Studies and Science the week of 5/3.
- From Lisa Morris, Head Nurse FCS: If ANYONE in the home has symptoms of illness, please keep all children at home. People that are symptomatic should seek testing and all household members should remain at home until negative test results are received.
Please report all exposures to people diagnosed with COVID-19, positive test results within the home and students/household members with symptoms to the nurse assigned to your child's school. You can email our nurse, Ms. Grissom, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission: To BE BETTER TLMS will work to ensure that the school community is: Teaching with purpose,Learning together, Motivating students, Strengthening our community