We are a community school of choice!
C - Character
H - Honor
O - Opportunity
I - Inclusivity
C - Compassion
E - Excellence
FMS is a loving and caring school that empowers students to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens who are college and career ready.
Core Value Statements:
- All children, regardless of race, ethnicity, socio-economic circumstances, or cognitive level, can grow and achieve.
- Strong professional learning communities that work together to share best practices and high quality materials and resources can reduce achievement gaps and raise growth levels for all students.
- Forging a strong collaborative relationship between the school, the parents, and the community is crucial in achieving a well-rounded and balanced education that addresses each student’s needs
- A learning environment based on trust, integrity, and commitment is vital for student success.
- Discipline, safety, and accountability are an important part of developing a school culture that reflects intellectual, emotional, and social stability.
School Improvement Team Members
David Averette - Principal
Heidi Boardman - Assistant Principal
Stephen Beckstrand - FMS Parent
David Hooper - 6th Grade Math
David Downum - 8th Grade Social Studies
Jimmie Smith - Band
Tasha Hattan - Drama
Rebecca Culver - Art
Kim Faulkner - Media Coordinator
Mary Moore - Counselor
Meeting Dates 2018-2019
(second Tuesday of each month)