This Week's Message
TLMS will continue to:
BE BETTER this year than we were last year
BE BETTER this month than we were last month
BE BETTER this week than we were last week
BE BETTER today than we were yesterday.
Please help us in accomplishing this task by getting involved at the school.
Good morning Terrell Lane families this is your principal Eric Betheil reaching out from Terrell Lane Middle School with your weekly message. Please take a moment to read through a few important announcements that apply to you and your Terrell Lane student.
1. Reminder that tomorrow is a late arrival day due to voting. Bus pick up times will be pushed back 2 hours as will the time we will begin. School will start at 10:15.
2. Report Cards will be coming home with students on November 7. This is this Wednesday so please make sure to ask your son/daughter for their report card when they get home on Wednesday.
3. 11/9 TLMS will hold its first dance of the school year. The dance will begin at 3:30 and run until 5:30. Admission to the dance is $5 per student. Students should bring extra money as concessions will be sold during this time. If you son/daughter is attending please make sure that someone is here to pick them promptly at 5:30. More information will come with regards to pick up as Friday approaches. Any student who sold 3 or more boxes for the Krispy Kreme fundraiser will get in for free.
4. The Terrell Lane Band is selling their delicious band fruit. Fruit sales began a couple of weeks ago and will continue until November 9th; make sure to help support the Terrell Lane Band by purchasing some band fruit. You can see any student or contact Ms Winstead to purchase.
5. Band Parents- there will be a band parents meeting Tuesday Nov. 6 at 7:30pm in the Terrell Lane Band Room. Matters discussed are the upcoming elementary school trip, fruit sale and winter concert.
Reminders from previous weeks:
1. We are asking that parents inform their son/daughter of any transportation changes prior to them coming to school in the morning. We have had many parents calling for the front office to let their child know how they will be going home each day. Each time this happens instruction in the classroom is interrupted. Specific procedures about transportation changes will be sent out this week. We ask that you make these arrangements prior to your child coming to school in the morning. Transportation changes will be accepted in the event of an emergency. We will not accept changes after 2:40.
2. TLMS is trying to support two schools in New Bern that were impacted by Hurricane Florence. Please take a moment to go to the GoFundMe page and make a small donation. We would appreciate the same support if we were impacted in the same way. The two schools we are sending supplies to are Trent Park Elementary and New Bern High School. https://www.gofundme.com/
crs2q-support-for-schools? sharetype=teams&member=772618& rcid=r01-154015960435- 7f52e672b1b84ad4&pc=ot_co_ campmgmt_w
Quote of the Week: The goal of education is not to increase the amount of knowledge but to create the possibilities for a child to invent and discover, to create individuals who are capable of doing new things. Jean Piaget
It is our hope that you have a good week.