Health & Safety Protocol
- If a student is diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual/parent should contact the school and report the diagnosis to the COVID Point Person. Staff should report using the FCS Employee COVID-19 Reporting Form. The individual may not return to any FCS school or facility until all three of the following criteria are met:
- at least 24 hours have passed since recovery (including the absence of fever, vomiting and diarrhea without the use of medications - Tylenol, Advil, Pepto-Bismol, etc.);
- the individual has improvement in symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath);
- at least five days have passed since symptoms first appeared. The first day of symptoms is considered day zero.
- **Students and staff with positive test results will be required to wear a well-fitted mask through day 10 from onset of symptoms or positive test result. **For positive test results without symptoms, the date of the test is considered day zero.
- If a student or staff member has symptoms that may be related to COVID-19 and they want to return to school before completing the above criteria, the individual must:
- provide written documentation of a negative COVID-19 PCR test. Results from rapid antigen and/or home tests will not be accepted;
- obtain a medical professional’s note clearing the individual for return based on an alternative diagnosis
- be free of fever, vomiting and diarrhea for at least 24 hours (without the use of symptom reducing medication - Tylenol, Advil, Pepto Bismol, etc.) along with improvement of other symptoms
- ****Students and staff who choose not to test or see a health care provider will be presumed positive, required to isolate through day five and will be required to wear a well-fitted mask through day 10 from onset of symptoms or positive test result.
- *Staff who test positive for COVID-19 are required to stay home until approved to return to work by the District.
If a student or staff member has been in close contact in the past 14 days with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they should:
- Monitor well for symptoms of illness (fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, unexplained body aches, sore throat, runny nose, stuffy nose/congestion, vomiting, diarrhea, new onset of severe headache)
- Test on/after day 5 from the last date of contact
- Remain at home if any symptoms occur or if they have a positive test result (report development of symptoms and positive test results to the school)
- Wear a well-fitted face mask around others for at least 10 days after last date of contact
Franklin County Schools will no longer conduct contact tracing for individual cases. Students/staff with potential exposure to someone in the school setting will be notified via School Messenger.