Health & Safety Protocol
If a student or staff member is diagnosed with COVID-19, the individual/parent should contact the school and report the diagnosis to the COVID Point Person. The individual may not return to any FCS school or facility until all three of the following criteria are met:
- at least 24 hours have passed since recovery (including the absence of fever
without the use of fever-reducing medications);
- the individual has improvement in symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath);
- at least ten days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
If a student or staff member has symptoms that may be related to COVID-19 and they want to return to school before completing the above criteria, the individual must:
- obtain a medical professional’s note clearing the individual for return based on an alternative diagnosis or
- provide written documentation of a negative COVID-19 PCR test. Results from rapid antigen tests will not be accepted;
- and be fever free for at least 24 hours (without the use of fever reducing medication - Tylenol, Advil, etc.) with improvement of symptoms
*Staff who test positive for COVID-19 are required to stay home until approved to return to work by the District.
If a student or staff member has been in close contact in the past 14 days with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, they must:
- Contact the school and report the exposure to the COVID Point Person;
- Follow the guidance from the local health department regarding quarantine and testing. This should include remaining at home for at least 14 days from the last date of contact.
- Report positive test results to the school upon receipt.
* The Health Department may advise additional quarantine days based on symptom development, positive test results or continued exposure in the home.
Franklin County will notify all teachers, staff, and families of all students in a school if the Franklin County Health Department identifies a COVID-19 cluster within a Franklin County Schools site. Individuals who are identified as having close school contact with individual positive cases will be contacted separately.