Terrell Lane Middle School
TLMS will continue to:
BE BETTER this year than we were last year
BE BETTER this month than we were last month
BE BETTER this week than we were last week
BE BETTER today than we were yesterday.
Good evening TLMS Families, this is your principal Eric Betheil with some important information for you and your Terrell Lane student as we prepare for students to return to the building tomorrow morning. We will work to communicate as best we can through School Messenger and the TLMS website. All information on here can be found on our website.
- Reminder that we return to our normal Plan B schedule and cohorts beginning tomorrow. Students who are on Cohort A return for face to face to face instruction tomorrow morning with Cohort B returning on Thursday. Virtual students will continue to receive instruction via online platforms. (Plan B Instructional Schedule)
- 6th and 7th grade students will be on a “B” week for Social Studies and Science the week of 1/11.
- From Lisa Morris, Head Nurse FCS: If ANYONE in the home has symptoms of illness, please keep all children at home. People that are symptomatic should seek testing and all household members should remain at home until negative test results are received. Please report all exposures to people diagnosed with COVID-19, positive test results within the home and students/household members with symptoms to the nurse assigned to your child's school.
- For all students interested in trying out for cheerleading, tryouts will take place this week on Monday and Wednesday from 3:30-4:30. Students need to bring a water bottle and have to have had a physical in the last two years that we have on file. Students can bring a completed physical with them to participate. All students will enter through the gym entrance, will be screened and will need to wear a mask.
- The 2nd marking period and 1st semester end this Friday, January 15. Report cards will be sent out on January 27th for all students. We ask that all parents make sure that their email address is up to date in Power School as report cards will be sent home via email moving forward. If you are having trouble updating the email address please contact the school for assistance.
- Students will be taking their Middle of the Year I-Ready Assessments in ELA and Math beginning this week. Their teachers will let them know what days they will be working on them. Please remind your child the importance of taking the assessments seriously as they provide teachers with specific data concerning the progress of individual students. Click on the link to access a slide show that has been or will be shared with students concerning the assessments. (I-Ready Slide Show)
- January 20 we will start the second semester. Students will be able to see their new electives and updated schedules in Power School at the end of this week.
- The week of January 18 we are on a different schedule due to being off on Monday and a teacher workday on Tuesday. Wednesday 1/20 will be a face to face for students on Cohort A and 1/21 will be face to face for Cohort B. 1/22 will be an asynchronous day for all students.
- Please use the link to access our Plan B Guidance for Parents and Students. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to reach out to me or other staff via email. We will do our best to get back to you quickly. If you would like your child to move from face to face to virtual or from virtual to face to face please contact the front office.