The Student Council at Bunn High School is a year-long commitment to improve the school and the community and the community at large through different types of services. All members represent the student body as a whole and must work together on all projects or issues that come before the Student Council.
- Members represent BHS and the Student Council; therefore, they will treat all faculty/staff, student body and the community at large with respect.
- Members must exhibit good character, citizenship and leadership.
- Member must exhibit academic integrity.
- Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA or higher to be a member of the BHS Student Council.
Events and Attendance
- Members will be present at Student Council Meetings. You must be present for 90% of our meetings, regardless of sports/tutoring/clubs and etc. You must alert your StuCo advisor(Mrs. Strickland) immediately if you will not be present for a meeting.
- Minimum of 5 service hours for school year.
- Minimum participation in 2 out of 3 school events (Opening Assembly, Pep Rallies, Homecoming, PowderPuff, etc.)
- Help with at least 1 Senior Night presentation.
**All members understand if they break any part of their agreement, they may be asked, after consultation with advisors, to give up their place on Student Council.
Student Council isn't just about adding something to your college application. It's about the leadership, responsibility and trustworthy skills in each person to come together to form one council to represent our class and the student body.