How to Access the PowerSchool Parent Portal
The PowerSchool Parent Portal will allow you to access a student's current grades, attendance, confirm correct contact information and review registration information. You will also be able to access FindOutFirst via the PowerSchool Parent Portal.
FindOutFirst is how Franklin County Schools communicates to parents. Via this system, you will receive phone calls, emails and text messages from the District, your school’s principal, and your child’s teachers… all in ONE place. You will also have the option to decide how you want to receive certain message (email versus phone) and add additional contact information that is not already in PowerSchool for emergency situations.
To access this information you will need to follow these steps:
1. Open the Internet browser on your computer
2. Go to https://www.fcschools.net and under the Parent and Student Links click on PowerSchool Parent Portal.
3. Go to Create Account Tab. Click Create Account.
4. Enter the requested information to create your Parent Account Login.
5. Use the Access ID and Access Password provided by your child's school.
6. Launch FindOutFirst via the School Messenger icon under “Account Preferences”. Enter your first name, last name and choose PARENT as the role. This will populate your child's messages, groups, and contacts.
7. Remember to log off when you are finished.
You can track academic progress from any location that has Internet access. If you do not have Internet access, the public library has computers for public use. Please keep your password confidential so only you can access the information.
-The Grades and Attendance tab allows you to check assignments and grades.
-The Grades History tab will show you the grades your child received in previous grading periods.
-The Teacher Comments tab is used to access current teacher comments for your student.
-The School Bulletin tab has current announcements for our school.
-The Demographics information will show you what phone numbers and email addresses we have on file for you. Please check this frequently. Report any changes to your school’s data manager, immediately. If you have any questions regarding the use of PowerSchool please contact your school's office.
FindOutFirst Features via School Messenger:
-See a record of all messages from the District, your child’s school, and your child’s teachers.
-Read or listen to unopened messages.
-Engage in two-way communication with your child’s teacher.
-Select how you want to receive certain types of communication (emergency calls, district news, etc.).
-Download the School Messenger app using your email or phone number of record in PowerSchool and you can check the features on your mobile device, as well as send/receive messages from your child’s teacher.
If you have any questions regarding FindOutFirst, please contact our Communication Director via email:
email@example.com or phone: 919-727-2253.